The CS Weekly Update
Vol. 7, Issue 19 - June 25, 2012
CES News & Events
CES News & Events
Even though the summer is slow, you can like our Facebook profile to keep up with last minute happenings when Fall semester arrives.
The Hippodrome Cinema has two upcoming European films scheduled in the near future:
- "Polisse" (France) - Friday, June 22, 2012
- "Headhunters" (Norway)
October 19-20, 2012 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The goal of this conference is to generate dialogue about the global and transnational implications of the fundamental principles laid down in the Bologna Declaration of 1999, and the new European guidelines and standards on higher education. This conference will:
- Explore the global and transnational implications and significance of the Bologna Process
- Engage community members in constructive dialogue about the effects that reforms inspired by the Bologna Process are having on national and local educational policies, standards, and guidelines
- Discuss the transforming nature and role of education in the 21st Century.
Themes for panel discussions will be organized around selected submissions and may respond to questions such as:
- "How is the Bologna Reform influencing American educational policy?"
- "How is globalization transforming K-12 and higher education?"
- "Is it possible for neoliberal policies to advance the objectives of human rights education and issues of equity?"
Abstracts of 150 words or less may be submitted via email to Margaret Fitzpatrick and Gabriela Walker at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, by August 1, 2012. Accepted papers may also be considered for publication in a designated issue of the new Journal of Global Studies in Education.
This conference is sponsored by the European Union Center, CIBER, and the Department of Education Policy, Organization and Leadership at UIUC; and benefiting from Title VI funding from the U.S. Department of Education.
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2012.