Study Abroad in İstanbul
> > SUMMER 2012 PROGRAM CANCELED < <
- Earn 6 UF Credits and up to 9 Credits total!
- Opportunity to study in two continents-Europe and Asia!
- Chance to explore a multitude of civilizations.
- Excursions integrated into course offerings.
- Central İstanbul Student Accommodations.
- UF Graduate Student Mentor living onsite with students.
- Led by experienced UF faculty.
- Great location for travel to Greece and Mediterranean.
Summer B; exact date TBA (approximately July to mid-August)
The Center for European Studies (CES) at UF offers students an opportunity to earn up to nine (9) credits in İstanbul, at Sabancı University. Courses include "Survival Turkish" as well as a University of Florida faculty taught course on "Turkey's European Ambition" and a selection of additional courses taught by Sabancı University faculty members.
- Courses taught by UF Faculty - UF GPA credit
- EUS 4950: Turkey's European Ambition (3 UF Credits)
- TUR ****: Survival Turkish (3 UF Credits)
- Some past courses taught by Sabancı Faculty, the actual courses offered will vary by year - Transfer credit
- HIST 431: History of a City: Byzantine and İstanbul - TBC (3 credits)
- HIST 443: War and Society: World War I and the Ottoman Empire - TBC (3 Credits)
Program Fee: tba (est. ~$3,800-$4,200)
Tuition for 9 credits, housing, some excursions and a few group meals as well as international health insurance and emergency medical assistance.
Round-trip airfare is not included.
A $250 non-refundable deposit toward the total cost of the program is required at the time of application. The remaining fees are due no later than 30 days prior to departure. Students receiving financial aid may defer payment until their financial aid disperses.